KLISC (KLISC) PRE-AGM CONFERENCE AND 2016 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON 26TH-27TH MAY 2016 AT KISUMU HOTEL, MASENO UNIVERSITY
The Kenya Libraries and Information Services Consortium (KLISC) is an organization of member libraries in Kenya. KLISC was formed in the year 2003, with a mandate to bring together university libraries to achieve some common objectives for the total benefit of members in the group. Over the last 10 years the consortium has grown and expanded its membership to include public universities, private universities, government Institutions/departments, public libraries, Kenya National Archives, Kenya, National Museums, non-profit and national tertiary colleges and national research institutions. By so doing, KLISC has become an all-embracing national consortium.
The objectives of the consortium are as follows:
1. To share information resources in stock
2. To facilitate capacity building in libraries and information centers in Kenya
3. To share procurement costs of information resources
4. To promote the use of ICTs in information management
5. To promote development of local content
6. To enhance dissemination of information for research
7. To enhance dissemination of information for national development
University of Nairobi currently hosts KLISC until such time that the latter will be able to stand on its own
KLISC held its Pre-AGM conference and 2016 annual general meeting at Maseno University’s Kisumu hotel on 26th-27th May 2016. The first day was dedicated to a pre-conference whose theme was “Emerging Technologies and the Future of Library and Information Science Practices.” Papers were presented around the following themes;
Collaboration and Consortium Building
E-libraries and Virtual Learning
Digital Resources Management
Innovation and Best Practices
A total of nine papers were presented.
The second day was dedicated to the Annual General Meeting.